Every journey needs a good soundtrack. The right song, the right band can stir emotions and create a special moment for the traveler who is already on a high from experiencing something new, especially if that traveler is in the islands.
This weekend I spent some time creating a new playlist on the old iPod for next week’s journey to Grenada and the Grenadines. I read that the Diamant has a place you can hook up an iPod so that it plays over the ship’s speakers. This information made me just a tad excited, so I set out to make the perfect playlist, to set the perfect mood, in the most perfect place in the world.
As you can probably guess the playlist is going to be populated with the usual suspects – Buffett, Chesney, Zac, Marley, Banks and Mishka. It occurred to me that for some insane reason I didn’t have Mishka’s Above the Bones album downloaded. I quickly corrected the mistake and proceeded to put the album on repeat. I fell into a state of chill relaxation as the smooth reggae filled the man cave.
I want to try and share that feeling with you. Here is Coastline Journey by Mishka, I dare you not to feel more relaxed after listening to it.
Can you imaging listing to that song while sailing on a 101 foot wooden schooner through the Grenadine Islands? Talk about the perfect song, perfect artist, for the perfect journey. Salt Life Sound.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page