Cruising aboard the monstrous ships that make their way to ports of call all over the Caribbean can be a great experience. You can eat and drink anything you want, you visit exotic islands and then you come back home tanned (burnt) and recharged. Sounds perfect right? Well what if I told you that you could have even more fun while cruising…would you believe me?
I’m sure you’ve seen them advertised, they’re called themed cruises. You’ve probably seen the Bud Light cruise advertised on television, heard about the Kenny Chesney cruise that happened a few years back or seen the Rum Cruise that I was advertising for several months. I believe that Toby Keith, Zac Brown Band, and I think even Taylor Swift had themed cruises as well. Themed cruises are growing in popularity, they add that little something extra, that cherry on top of an already great experience.
Me personally, I’m not much of a cruiser. I’d rather spend the week relaxing at a hotel or villa exploring the culture and terrain, really getting to know the island. To me cruising is full of deadlines and schedules…be here then, do this now, don’t miss this bus. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still an great way to relax and see several different islands all in one shot. Toss a free boarding pass in my face I’d jump at the opportunity.
Back to my point. Cruising isn’t my first option, but there’s something very attractive about theme cruises. They up the ante on the fun level. I mean who wouldn’t want to go on a Kenny Chesney inspired cruise, you’re on a ship with hundreds of like minded Chesney fans ready to have a good time. Same goes for the Rum Cruise. It’s a cruise that leaves out of Puerto Rico and island hops up the Lesser Antilles, stopping at different island to explore rum distilleries. Then while on the ship you’ll have the opportunity to take rum classes, attend tastings and meet some of the top rum experts. That’s what I mean by upping the ante.
Yes, I was suppose to be on the Rum Cruise that departs in a couple weeks. I should be hog tied and beat with wooden spoons, but I chose a sailing trip through the Grenadines instead. It was an extremely tough call, especially since a lot of my rum friends are going on the cruise. Why does life make us choose like this!
Have you been on a themed cruise? Would you rather go on a themed cruise than a normal cruise? Would love to know the opinions of Castaways.
Hmmmm….a Castaway Cruise or a Castaway Winter Beach Bash. I don’t think you guys would be interested in something like that now would you? 🙂 Stay tuned.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page