After one sip, you’ll be in a happy place.
Have you seen the signs next to fire extinguishers, “In Case Of Emergency Break Glass”? I don’t want you to break any glass, I want you to fill that glass! Rum Punch is a common drink that you can find almost anywhere, it tastes great, has a kick and a glass is almost always followed by another.
There are about a bagillion different ways to make Rum Punch so I’m not concerned by the lack of real ingredients for this recipe. In fact the lack of ingredients pretty much makes this recipe work. You can call this the lazy man’s Rum Punch, The Splash Rum Punch or the I don’t give a s*$t Rum Punch. They all represent this recipe well, and if someone calls you out on it, just tell them I said it’s okay, they’ll understand.
Sometimes you want a Rum Punch but don’t have the ingredients to mix up that glass of yum yum. I’ve found a great substitute for all the pineapple, orange juice, grenadine and whatever else you like to put into your Rum Punch…V8 Splash. Call me crazy, call me deranged, call me whatever you want, but this tastes great. Add a little white rum, a little spiced/dark rum and some V8 Splash juice and you’re in business!
V8 Splash has three different flavors, Berry Blend (pictured above) and Tropical Blend and a Mango Peach mix which I haven’t tried. I prefer the the Berry Blend even though the Tropical Blend has more of the original rum punch ingredients in it. If you’re feeling really crazy and have bot the Berry and Tropical Blends on hand just mix them together with your rum. I’ve don’t that a few times with good results.
Lazy Man’s Rum Punch Recipe
- 1oz. White Rum
- 1oz. Dark or Spiced Rum
- 6oz. V8 Splash
Instructions: Mix ingredients into mixer with ice. Shake. Pour into glass and garnish with nutmeg. Raise glass and toast.
So if you are in a bind and don’t have all the usual suspect ingredients, just add some V8 Splash. I’m guessing that any type of mix fruit juice will make a useable substitute as well.
Do you have a lazy man’s rum punch recipe?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page