My home beach is called Bonita Beach or Barefoot Beach. It’s a long stretch of sand, probably 4 miles, that consists of fine white sand and small seashells. To get there you take Bonita Beach Road west until you hit the water, at which point the road curves north and turns into Estero Blvd. Estero Blvd takes you up through Lovers Key State Park and then on up to Fort Myers Beach.
Estero Blvd is one of the most beautiful roads to travel here in the Naples-Fort Myers area. The Bonita Beach section is lined with tall Coconut Palms that escort you down the road. On the west side of the road you’ll find small beach villas and large 4 story compounds. It’s a great place to put Buffett on the radio, roll down the windows and relax.
If you haven’t been to Bonita Beach yet, then hopefully it will inspire you to visit. If you do drop me a line and I’ll meet you at Doc’s!
A Drive Down Little Hickory Island
Didn’t see any old ladies to wave to on this trip, just a little tailgating of slow drivers. Move it people!
Have you been to Bonita Beach? I would love to hear what you think of my friendly small town.
(Photo from NaplesBonitaWaterfront.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page