Have you ever lived the lyrics of your favorite song? That’s what the past week was like for this salty soul. Jumping on a fast plane to the spice island of Grenada, then climbing aboard a tall ship that has it’s course set for the Grenadine islands. I’m not sure how many pinch me moments happened, they became as common place as the trades blowing over my bald head.
I can’t wait to start digging into the stories, photos and videos from the trip. I’ll start by giving you a look at our sailing itinerary board the Diamant. We visited quite a few islands. The days, the beaches and the lush green hill sides seem to blend together, but not so much so that I’d ever forget the personalities and the people I met on them.
Sunday was a travel and boarding day at Port Louis, Grenada. I boarded the Diamant around 10:30pm and enjoyed a nightcap rum drink with my new friend Blaise. I can’t wait to tell you more about him, this gentleman of 82 years was a wealth of knowledge and had stories that could rival that of any explorer.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page