The small island of Mayreau in the Grenadines surprised me. Home to only about 300 people and an area of 1.5 square miles, Mayreau is over flowing with charm and personality. From its variety of different bars, restaurants and cast of characters to its march to the top of the hill that rewards you with scenic overlooks of Caribbean and the Tobago Cays, Mayreau will surprise you too.
Maybe Mayreau’s most notable feature is Salt Whistle Bay. Even from the water you can tell Salt Whistle is a special place. Flanked on both sides by protective hills and lined with rows and rows of coconut palms, Salt Whistle Bay is a classic Caribbean beach paradise. I wrote a little bit about Salt Whistle Bay earlier in the week when I posted about Black Boy and Debbie’s, the only beach bar there.
This week’s Island Lime Video was shot at the famous Salt Whistle Bay. Watch as the waves slowly toss themselves onto the sand and how life seems to slow. It’s true, life does slow down in the Caribbean, maybe that’s our little reward so that we have enough time to take in all the beauty of places like Salt Whistle Bay.
SALT WHISTLE BAY – ISLAND LIME VIDEOS
Have you been to Salt Whistle Bay? I would love to hear your stories. Hope you enjoyed the video and that it either took you to a place you haven’t been or brought you back to a place you long to be.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page