Thanksgiving is a day when many of us will be sitting down with friends and family around a table full of delicious food. It’s a day when we give thanks for the people and things we have in our lives. We all have something to be thankful, whether it’s the food on our tables, loved ones who flew in from out of town or to our continued good health. Today is the day to remember these important things.
I’d like to take this time to give thanks to a number of people. Without these people I wouldn’t be the person I am today and wouldn’t be able to write about and explore the islands we all love so much.
First of all I’d like to thank my family; my parents Karen and Terry, my brother Matt and his wife Nicole whom have given me two adorable little nieces, and to my grandfather whom is one of the most interesting men I’ve known. I couldn’t be in Kansas city to be with them all today but I want to let them know I’m thinking about them and am thankful to have them in my life.
I’m thankful to have such a loving and understanding girlfriend. Thank you Erin. I know I can be a hard-headed ass sometimes when KU basketball is on or if I need to do something for RSR or my day job. I am truly thankful to have you in my life and don’t know where I’d be without you.
I’m thankful to have great friends. Ones that will give up a weekend day and help us move in the south Florida heat. Ones that will do anything for you and are family when away from family. Life wouldn’t be the same without you guys, thank you.
I’m thankful for my new day job and all the great people who work there. Looking forward to the future there.
Finally I’m thankful for you, the Castaways. When I started this little Caribbean Island Blog two years ago as hobby I had no idea it would evolve into a place where island and rum lovers would visit and actually give a damn about what I had to say. You guys have allowed me to indulge in my island passion in ways I never knew possible. Two years ago if you told me we would be having a Castaway Winter Beach Bash on St. Thomas in January of 2012 I’d call you crazy and tell you to stop drinking salt water. Thank you everyone for continuing to reading the tropical ramblings of this bald salty soul.
Cheers to all of you,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page