Rocker and tequila man Sammy Hagar has now tossed his sombrero into the rum business. Kick off those flip flops and hit the sand with the new Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum. If his rum is even close to the quality of his Cabo Wabo tequila then this brand of rum is going to be a smash hit. Thanks for the news RumConnection.com!
HALIIMAILE, MAUI, HAWAII – Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Sammy Hagar has launched a new Maui-made premium silver rum, called Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum. Handcrafted at the Haliimaile Distilling Company on Maui, the specialty rum is now available in retail outlets, restaurants and bars throughout Hawaii, with expansions to select Mainland states slated to begin in early 2012.
Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum is made from the first pressing of virgin Maui sugar cane, using a unique one-of-a-kind pot still distillation process. Unlike other premium rums, which follow a standard one-year maturation period for the cane, Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum matures for a full two years. This gives the sugar from the cane its intense character and wonderful aroma.
Master Distiller Mark Nigbur oversees the full production process, hand-distilling the mash in small batches using unique handmade pot stills to purify the finished product while leaving the cane’s distinct character. The finished product is then bottled by hand at the distillery. The result is 100 percent Hawaii made pure premium rum with a delicately delicious flavor and a hint of the Islands that is perfect for sipping and enhances any rum drink.
“This rum is pure Sammy; we produced it to his specifications,” said Nigbur. “And while it has taken us years to come up with the right taste and the right product, we truly believe we have developed the finest sipping rum in the world.”
A part-time resident of Hawaii, Hagar has two homes on Maui. Currently on tour with his new supergroup, Chickenfoot, he is the former front man of hard rock legends Van Halen and a respected member in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Hagar is also a successful restaurateur with five Sammy’s Beach Bar & Grill locations throughout the U.S., including one at the Maui International Airport, from which he donates the profits to local charities.
Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum is priced at $24.99 for a 750ml bottle. For more information, visit www.SammysBeachBarRum.com.
Photo by Splashnewsonline.com
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page