The island of Bequia, part of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, holds many treasures. Spectacular views, fascinating traditions and some great restaurants. This little island has an addictive charm and I catch myself thinking about it regularly.
Little over a month ago I wrote a post about Mac’s Pizza on Bequia, how I kept reading all these stunning reviews and something about a legendary lobster pizza. I asked those of you who had been to Mac’s if all this Hype was worth it. Everyone I heard from confirmed the praise. Well like any good journalist, I needed to do a little first hand research. So when our ship, the Diamant, dropped anchor in Admiralty Harbour off Bequia, you can be sure that Mac’s was on my “research” list.
After a day of touring Bequia our group had worked up quite an appetite. I had seeded everyone’s mind with stories of the famous lobster pizza, so when it came time to hop in the dinghy and head to shore for dinner our destination was not in question.
Our dining group included the 4 bama babes, Crystal, Sandy, myself and we were able to talk Aubrey and Troy of the Diamant crew into joining us. We climbed the stairs to reach Mac’s open air dining room, sat at the table reserved for the Diamant group and quickly order up a round cold Caribs.
We tell our lovely waitress that we’ve heard stories about the legendary lobster pizza and that we had to see if all the hype was for real. She gave us an all knowing smile and headed back to the kitchen to relay our order. I was able to sneak back to the kitchen and snap a few shots of the pizzas being prepared. There’s no skimping on lobster for on these bad boys. These pies are completely loaded up with the delicious crustacean!
The pizzas arrived and the group was giddy with excitement. I remember hearing groans of satisfaction from around the table after people sunk their teeth into the slices. I can’t speak for everyone in our group but I thought the lobster pizza was fantastic and totally lived up to the hype. I wish I was sitting at a Mac’s table right now, throwing back a few Caribs and devouring some of that famous pie with my fellow Diamant passengers.
I’d like to thank Judy, the owner of Mac’s, for my personal pizza. I’m sorry we weren’t able to meet Judy, I guess I’ll just have to make a return trip to Bequia! Who’s with me?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page