After one sip, you’ll be looking for a freezer to shoot.
The mad tiki doctor, Kahuna Kevin has been slaving away over the rum bottles to bring us a new round of perfectly created cocktails. His new book, “Kahuna Kevin’s Why Is The Rum Gone? Vol. 2“, is packed with 52 new Tiki-Licious rum cocktails. Each one tested, improved upon, tested again, then perfected. Seriously, the drinks in this recipe book are out of this world good and all newly invented. A metaphorical party in your mouth.
Today’s Boat Drink recipe comes straight from the pages of Why Is The Rum Gone? Vol. 2. The 151 Gun Swizzle is a rum drink that’s ingredient intensive, so a shopping trip may be in order to mix this bad boy up. I’ve talked to Kevin and he said that each ingredient is tested and purposefully added to the mix to give the drink that perfect taste. Can’t argue with the doctor I guess. Let’s see what it takes to bake up this meal in a glass.
The 151 Gun Swizzle Cocktail Reicpe
- 2oz. Dark Cola (Fentiman’s Curiosity Cola – Chilled)
- 2oz. Guyanan Demerara Overproof Rum (Lemon Hart 151)
- 1oz. Lime Juice (Fresh)
- 1oz. Martinique Cane Syrup (Depaz)
- 1/2oz. Lemon Juice (Fresh)
- 1/2oz. Pineapple Juice (Fresh or Dole)
- 1/2oz. Pomegranate Liqueur (PAMA)
- 1/4tsp. Campari Aperitivo Liqueur
- 1 dash Free Brothers Bitters
Mixing Instructions: Shake all ingredients, except the chilled Cola, over ice for a minimum of 30 seconds to a maximum of 1 minute. Strain into a low fluted glass or Tiki mug filled with 1/2 cup freshly crushed ice. Top with 2oz. chilled Dark Cola and thoroughly stir with a bar spoon. Add additional crushed ice as necessary. Garnish with 2-3 mint sprigs, 1 round lime slice, 1 rock candy swizzle stick and 1 straw.
Kevin’s warning with the 151 Gun Swizzle – Careful with this one as it doesn’t taste like you’re sipping 151 proof rum!
The rum recipe book would make a great Christmas present to any Castaway on your gift list. Click here to check out Why Is The Rum Gone? Vol. 1 & 2. Be sure to like Kahuna Kevin’s Facebook page for fun cocktail creation insight.
Cheers to putting a few holes in that freezer,
The fun will be hosted by yours truly and will include a rum tasting, a complimentary bottle of Cruzan Rum in your room, a sunset sail, a rum snorkel scavenger hunt, nightly entertainment and Castaway room discounts. Take a break from the Winter and come lime Castaway style in the US Virgin Islands! Click here for booking and details. Can’t wait to hangout with everyone on the warm sands of St. Thomas!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page