I wrote a little post last holiday season about Christmas in the Tropics, being from the Midwest where it gets cold as hell and likes to snow, seeing people in south Florida decorate palm trees and drive around with wreaths hanging from their open convertible cars takes a little getting use to. People celebrate Christmas down here, just in a pair of shorts and flip flops. Just the way Santa wanted right?
A blog that goes by the name of Snoloha left a link on the RSR Facebook page yesterday with a great message. The general theme was that some people in the north like to celebrate the tropics during Christmas time, decorating fake palm trees and making wreaths out of flip flops. Sort of a role reversal type deal. I thought it was an interesting take on how to bring the tropical lifestyle up to the (get me out of here it’s cold) north during the holiday season.
Posted in that story is a music video of the coolest little “Christmas in the Tropics” songs I’ve seen. Called Let It Snow (Somewhere Else) by Joey + Rory, the music video is shot in the Florida Keys and glorifies how
awesome different it is to celebrate Christmas in the lower latitudes. The song is addicting and I guarantee that you’ll be singing right along with the chorus in know time. I know I am!
Let It Snow (Somewhere Else)
With our toes stuck in the sand
And a pair of mojitos in our hand
Its a wonderful time of year
When it’s 85 and the sky is clear
So let it snow
Let it snow
Let it snow
Just not here
Cheers to a holiday addition of Salt Life Sound!
The fun will be hosted by yours truly and will include a rum tasting, a complimentary bottle of Cruzan Rum in your room, a sunset sail, a rum snorkel scavenger hunt, nightly entertainment and Castaway room discounts. Take a break from the Winter and come lime Castaway style in the US Virgin Islands! Click here for booking and details. Can’t wait to hangout with everyone on the warm sands of St. Thomas!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page