Climbing out of a dinghy onto a deserted strip of beach is a feeling best described as “pinch me”. That’s the feeling I got when my feet sunk deeply into the brownish sand of Anse La Roche on the Grenadian island of Carriacou.
After checking out of Grenada waters on Carriacou, Captain Matt wanted to stop at a special slice of paradise before we headed north to Union Island to anchor for the night. The slice of paradise? Anse La Roche. He slowed the Diamant and pulled her into a calm cove that was surrounded by lush green hills that transitioned into a secluded beach before meeting the sea. It was time to dinghy to the beach, camera gear and a cooler full of cold Carib in tow. Life was perfect.
Anse La Roche and Carriacou are the stars of this episode of Island Lime Videos. You’ll see several different angles of the beach and be relaxed by the rhythmic sound of the Caribbean sea spilling up onto the sand. No fancy graphics, no bald guy rambling about lord knows what, just the sound of the waves. If it were any more real you’d be there.
Anse La Roche, Carriacou Grenada
Walking up and down the beach looking for the perfect spots to set up is hard work. Constantly dodging crab holes and random rocks can be tricky and wear a Castaway out. It was soon time to join my new Diamant friends in the water with a cold Carib and soak up the naked natural beauty of Anse La Roche.
Have you been to Anse La Roche or Carriacou? I would love to know what you thought.
The fun will be hosted by yours truly and will include a rum tasting, a complimentary bottle of Cruzan Rum in your room, a sunset sail, a rum snorkel scavenger hunt, nightly entertainment and Castaway room discounts. Take a break from the Winter and come lime Castaway style in the US Virgin Islands! Click here for booking and details. Can’t wait to hangout with everyone on the warm sands of St. Thomas!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page