Climbing out of a dinghy onto a deserted strip of beach is a feeling best described as “pinch me”. That’s the feeling I got when my feet sunk deeply into the brownish sand of Anse La Roche on the Grenadian island of Carriacou.
After checking out of Grenada waters on Carriacou, Captain Matt wanted to stop at a special slice of paradise before we headed north to Union Island to anchor for the night. The slice of paradise? Anse La Roche. He slowed the Diamant and pulled her into a calm cove that was surrounded by lush green hills that transitioned into a secluded beach before meeting the sea. It was time to dinghy to the beach, camera gear and a cooler full of cold Carib in tow. Life was perfect.
Anse La Roche and Carriacou are the stars of this episode of Island Lime Videos. You’ll see several different angles of the beach and be relaxed by the rhythmic sound of the Caribbean sea spilling up onto the sand. No fancy graphics, no bald guy rambling about lord knows what, just the sound of the waves. If it were any more real you’d be there.
Anse La Roche, Carriacou Grenada
Have you been to Carriacou? If so, hit us up on Instagram at @CaribbeanCastaways and send us a direct message about your time on island.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page