Music set the mood, and few beats can set the mood better than reggae.
I was perusing the pages of one of my favorite blogs out of the Bahamas called the Sandy Slipper, and found a recent post about a reggae band called Willis and the Illest. Based out of Nassau this band is ready to get their music out to the rest of the Caribbean and reggae lovers around the world.
Mr. Sandy Slipper says that you can find The Illest at Bahama Joes most Thursdays in down town Nassau.
Enough talk, here is the fantastic music video of Willis and the Illest performing their song “Hey”. The video is excellently produced and you’ll be able to get a feel for the high talent level of this reggae band.
The Illest Bio
The Illest Reggae Band is a twisted amalgamation of aggressive roots, rock and dub-style reggae fused with their maniac blend of rock, ska, reggae, hip hop, r&b and jazz alike. Fronted by Willis Knowles and the soulful wailing of Mandisa Kerr, the band continues bridging the gap of music, people and culture through original songs and countless covers. Known for their energetic, uplifting performances, The Illest is poised to take their message of acceptance, love and I-nity to audiences everywhere.
The Illest is a band you will NOT want to miss. They are steadily on the rise, each performance more energizing than the last. These talented musicians are passionate entertainers with a natural driving force and they know how to light up a stage.
If you’d like a freed CD of Willis and the Illest, click here and head over to the Sandy Slipper for details. He is giving away a few copies to a couple lucky people.
The fun will be hosted by yours truly and will include a rum tasting, a complimentary bottle of Cruzan Rum in your room, a sunset sail, a rum snorkel scavenger hunt, nightly entertainment and Castaway room discounts. Take a break from the Winter and come lime Castaway style in the US Virgin Islands! Click here for booking and details. Can’t wait to hangout with everyone on the warm sands of St. Thomas!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page