I’m starting to think the big man up north is getting sick of the snow and frostbite. I was listening to Radio Margaritaville today and heard a great song called “Santa’s Going South,” sung by country star Toby Keith and former Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar.
“Ain’t gonna be no white Christmas / Ain’t gonna be no reindeer / Ain’t gonna be no sleigh bells ringing / Not around here,” Hagar sings before Keith responds with, “I’m packing my tank tops / My board shorts and my flip flops / I take first class non-stop / Down Mexico way.”
I’m really diggin’ these tropical Christmas songs, last week it was “Let it Snow (Somewhere Else)” and now “Santa’s Going South.”
I’m a little surprised it was Toby Keith that cut this song with Sammy Hagar. It’s a well known fact that Sammy, Mr. Beer in Mexico, producer of Cabo Wabo tequila and Beach Bar Rum, is good friends with island cowboy Kenny Chesney. Sammy and Kenny teaming up on a tropical Christmas song makes so much more sense. Don’t get me wrong, I love the song and think it sounds great with Toby, but something tells me it would have been pure island gold with Kenny. Just my opinion.
Listen Here, Toby Keith & Sammy Hagar – Santa’s Going South
I hope you Castaways are feeling the Christmas spirit. Sometimes it’s hard to get into the holiday frame of mind when it’s 80 degrees out, so songs like this definitely help. Santa’s Going South will be playing a lot in the RSR household for the next couple of weeks.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page