After one sip, you’ll be piloting the big guy’s sleigh.
With Christmas only a couple days away, it wouldn’t be right to do anything but a holiday drink recipe. Last year we sipped on the Mistletoe Margarita and some Rum Nog. I’ve never been a huge fan of Egg Nog, even if you do add rum to it. Just something about it makes this pirate quiver in his boots. That’s why this year we’ll take a look at a Puerto Rican Christmas drink called the Coquito.
The Coquito has a nickname of Puerto Rican Egg Nog. Odd because there’s no nog nor egg in this holiday cocktail. Maybe it’s just the particular Coquito recipe that doesn’t have Egg Nog in it, who knows. Whatever the reason I’m glad.
Coquito Christmas Drink Recipe
- 2 15-ounce cans cream of coconut
- 2 14-ounce cans condensed milk
- 6 ounces white rum (use more if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Mix all ingredients in a blender. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Serve cold. Raise glass and toast.
Serves:This recipe makes about 36 ounces.
If you have a Christmas drink recipes to share please leave it below in the comments. Would love to know what you celebrate with during the holidays! (Above photo from Seasonaleats.com)
Cheers and Merry Christmas!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page