After one sip, you’ll commit a little mortal sin.
I’ve said this before, I’m not the biggest fan of Mojito drinks. Just not a big fan of mint. But it has been years since I’ve had one so for the sake of research one needs to be open minded.
This past Saturday I was at Conch Republic Seafood Company (or Conch Farm) in Key West. I opened up their cocktail menu and was greeted by 7 or 8 different Mojito recipes. I was standing on the edge of the plank, about ready to fall overboard and try one of these tropical libations. Then the bartender tells us that the Mojitos were on special for $10, normally $12. Corona please!
Damn tourist trap.
Coconut Mojito Recipe
- 3oz. Coconut Rum
- 1oz. lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Sugar
- Shredded coconut
- 5 Mint Sprigs
Mixing Instructions: Muddle mint in lime juice and sugar in a mixing glass. Add ice and pour coconut rum over ice. Dip the rim of an iced martini glass in shredded coconut. Shake and strain cocktail into glass.
What do you think, are you going to mix this boat drink up? Are you a fan of Mojitos? Should I get over my fear and sample a few of these minty rum drinks?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page