Okay, get ready to sell everything you own and move to Key West to live “The Life“. Think I’m crazy? Watch this video and let the lyrics of this song and atmosphere of the bar soak into your island soul. Then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.
Key West is like a drug. You visit once and it grabs at you. You visit again and it becomes hard to leave. You visit again and it becomes part of your DNA. I’ve been to Key West dozens of times and it becomes a little harder to let go every time. During my visit this past weekend we visited bars and formed relationships to set up the Conched in Key West Charity Bar Crawl. Yes, it’s hard work, but I’m willing to make the sacrifice for all of you!
One of the places Shawn and I visited was the Smokin’ Tuna Saloon. A relative new comer when it comes Duval Street bars. Tucked into a courtyard just off Duval, the Smokin’ Tuna is high on our list for places to stop or finish the bar crawl at. Why? Because it’s bad ass! Watch this video of famous Key’s Trop-Rocker Howard Livingston and you’ll understand.
Livin’ On Key West Time – Howard Livingston and the Mile Marker 24 Band
See what I mean! Not lying, I’ve just listened to this song about 6 times in a row as I’ve written this post. Crazy? Yeah, Key Crazy!
If you want to soak up this addictive island atmosphere then join us in September for the Conched in Key West Bar Crawl. It’s for a great charity, Reef Relief. Who knows, maybe we can get Howard to join us for the crawl and play at the pre-party the night before! I’ll see if I can work some magic to make that happen.
Perfect song to start the weekend with!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page