Toes sinking deep into the soft sand and my jaw hanging agape, Francis Bay on St. John might have made my heart skip a beat. The clock was ticking though and I had Caribbean blogger work to do. If only one could freeze time, this would be the place to do it.
I only had five short hours to spend on St. John before having to catch the noon ferry back over to St. Thomas and jump on a flight. Is five hours long enough to spend on this Caribbean gem? Not by a long shot, but it was long enough for this island beauty to sink her hooks into me all over again.
It was my first time to Francis Bay. The first visit to St. John was five years ago, way to long for this castaway. During that past visit we hung a right at the T-junction where you have the choice to go to Francis Bay on the left, or Annaberg and Waterlemon on the right. Franics Bay was the choice this time, and a good one it was.
Soak in the Island Lime Video below and see if Francis Bay tugs at your island soul as it did mine.
Francis Bay, St. John – USVI
Francis Bay faces West, which gives it a calm shore line and stunning sunset views. The bay is home to great hiking, snorkeling and areas to set up a picnic. I’m a big fan of Francis Bay because it take a little bit longer to get to. Most the cruise ship passenger from St. Thomas and trucked over to Hawksnest, Trunk and Cinnamon Bays. All beautiful beaches, but paradise is best enjoyed in peace, and that’s exactly what Francis Bay delivers.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page