So you want to make Nipper Juice. The cocktail from the once famous Nipper’s Beach Bar is worth making at home.
Once famous? Yes, sadly due to Hurricane Dorian in 2019, it has been closed. If I hear of it re-opening, I’ll let you guys know.
Alright, let’s get in the cocktail mood here.
Show of hands, how many of you want to be in the Bahamas right now? Ok, hands down, I can’t see you remember. I’ll take a guess and say about 99% of you had your hands raised skywards. That other 1% must either be somewhere in the islands already or has scurvy.
The Abacos Islands in the Bahamas are a boaters dream, gin clear water, hundreds of islands for exploring and some really great beach bars. One of those Bahamian beach bars great beach bars was Nippers.
Sitting on a cliff-like sand dune on Great Guana Cay, Nippers was one of the most well known beachside watering holes in the Bahamas. Live music, a pool and a lot of fun loving beach bums; Nippers earned its spot as a Bahamian hot spot. And as with other well known beach bars, it had a famous drink to go with it. Let me introduce you to Nipper Juice.
A combination of fruit juices, rum and sunshine; Nipper Juice will have you dancing on the decks and cannon balling into the pool in no time. Sunshine as an ingredient? You caught that huh. Yeah, I had to make it up. The actual Nipper Juice recipe is secret. I hate that! Sure I respect the original drink creation and understand the owners don’t want it copied, but as a blogger I’m all about sharing, and when I can’t share the best information with you Castaways it annoys me.
So after a little rum research, here is the closest recipe I could find that best replicates the Nipper Juice.
Nipper Juice Cocktail Recipe
- 2 parts rum
- 2 parts Pineapple Juice
- 2 parts orange juice
- 1 part cranberry juice
- Splash of Nassau Royal liquor (hint of vanilla)
Mixing Instructions: In mixing glass with ice, combine Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Light Rum and Cranberry Juice. Mix. Add splash of dark rum. Raise glass and toast.
Pin It To Pinterest!
You can also get the Nipper Juice frozen. Obviously just toss all the ingredients into a blender and with ice.
If you’ve been to Nippers Beach bar on Great Guana I would love to hear your stories. At least the ones you CAN tell. I know that place got pretty wild.
Want more Caribbean rum drink recipes? Awesome, we are going to be good friends. Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Ever good mixologist need some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page