Hey Castaways. As you can see, RumShopRyan.com has a new look. It has been about 3 months in the making and I’m super excited to finally show you guys.
The biggest difference between the new design and the old is it’s a lot more visual. The Caribbean with all it’s beauty and wonder is a visual explosion. I didn’t feel the old site was give the photos and videos enough space to show off. The new design has a wider content area, all the photos and videos from now on are going to be huge. So big you’re going to want to climb right into them.
Another big change is we’ve made it lot easier to navigate. The most popular stories like Boat Drinks, Island Lime Videos, and Music have all been highlighted and are easy to find. We’ve also added a new search box on the main navigation bar. Simply type in the name of the post you’re looking for there and up it comes. Easy as Key Lime Pie.
I still have to do some tweaking here and there, but for the most part it’s ready for you guys to bounce around and soak up the island vibe.
I had a lot of help putting the new design together. I couldn’t have done it without Scott Jacob of Search Conversion. Scott is a long time Castaway and huge into sailing catamarans. He and a couple friends even joined us at Bolongo Bay Resort on St. Thomas for the Castaway Winter Beach Bash. If you need help with website design and increasing the performance of your current site Scott is the man. Feel free to shoot him an email [email protected]. I feel for him though, poor Scott lives in landlocked Colorado and just had two feet of snow dumped on his driveway. I’m Raising a glass to all the snow covered Castaways right now. Stay warm!
Let me know what you think of the new site design. I’d really like to get your feedback. Like I said, there’s still a little tweaking to do, but it’s basically ready for your Caribbean enjoyment.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page