After one sip, you’ll be wakin’ up to a hundred mosquito bites.
From that chair I’ve cought a few fish and some rays
And I’ve watched boats sail in and out of cinnamon bay
I let go of a lover that took a piece of my heart
Prayed many times for forgiveness and a brand new start
I’ve read a lot of books, wrote a few songs
Looked at my life – where it’s goin, where it’s gone
I’ve seen the world through a bus windshield
But nothing compares to the way that I see it
To the way that I see it, to the way that I see it
When I sit in that old blue chair.
Those of course are a few lyrics to Kenny Chesney’s hit song, Old Blue Chair. I just listened to the song 3 times now to get the mood just right for this post, and I have say if I were any more relaxed I would be floating in Cinnamon Bay. Maybe a rum drink in hand?
Speaking of rum drinks, today is Wednesday and that means it’s time to fill that glass with a new Boat Drink. Today’s cocktail is named after Chesney’s favorite chair, that chair he passed out in one New Year’s Eve on the beach(so the lyrics say), the Old Blue Chair. I received an email from a Castaway named Jeremy M. quite awhile ago and it had some pretty kick ass Boat Drink recipes in it. I had totally forgotten about it until he emailed me again this past week commenting on the VooDoo Juice recipe. Thanks for the great recipe’s Jeremy!
Let’s mix up an Old Blue Chair shall we.
The Old Blue Chair
- 1oz Cruzan Light Rum
- 1/2 oz Cruzan Coconut Rum
- 1/2 oz Cruzan Mango Rum
- 1/2oz Blue Curacao
- 2oz Pineapple Juice
- 1oz OJ
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Shake a couple times. Pour into glass with ice. Garnish with pineapple. Raise glass and toast.
Yeah, I know, it sounds out of this world. I can almost hear you guys jumping into your cars and heading to the store for some Cruzan Rums right now. I’m right behind you! Let me know what you guys think of the Old Blue Chair, anxious to get your feedback.
This post wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t add the Chesney video for Old Blue Chair. It’s an island escape to say the least. Enjoy.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page