Seeing a lost love, if only for 30 minutes, is magnitudes better than not seeing that love at all. Parting may be bitter sweet, but the time spent will last you until the next encounter.
It may sound like I’m gushing about an old flame or quoting a sappy love novel but no. That’s they way I felt when walking the shore of Cinnamon Bay on St. John’s north shore. I only got to spend a precious few minutes at Cinnamon, just enough to breathe in the salt air, shoot some video and watch a couple string-rays glide through the shallows…and over my toes.
Cinnamon Bay is a long stretch of sand located on St. John’s famed north shore and just to the east of popular Trunk Bay. The bay is located in the Virgin Islands National Park and has good parking and plenty of facilities. While I was there it looked like they were doing a small archaeological dig near the beach just off the side walk from the parking lot. St. John has amazing history that dates way back to the Arawak and Carib Indians, then to the turbulent slavery and sugar era. I’m curious to know what they are digging for in the sands of Cinnamon Bay.
As promised, here is the Island Lime Video shot at Cinnamon Bay. Watch as the waves crash ashore, listen to the trade winds blow in from the sea and most importantly, imagine yourself there.
Cinnamon Bay, St. John USVI – Island Lime Video
Mind-boggling beautiful isn’t it? Have you been to Cinnamon Bay? Leave a comment below, the other Castaways and myself would love to hear your island story.
Cheers to a little island limin’,
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page