After one sip, you’ll be hangin’ on for dear life.
You better hold on because the Kraken will get you. Kraken Rum that is. At 94 Proof, this flavorful rum will sneak up on you, just like the beast of lore. Black in color and strong on taste, Kraken is honestly one of my favorite rums. The pretty bottle might have pulled me in at the start, but the great taste has me coming back for more.
I like to keep Boat Drink recipes simple, and it doesn’t get much more simple than The Perfect Storm. Basically the cocktail is a Dark n’ Stormy, but instead of using Gosling’s Black Seal Rum, we’re going to use Kraken.
The Perfect Storm Cocktail Recipe
- 2oz. Kraken rum
- 6oz. Ginger Beer
Mixing Instructions: Fill a rocks glass with ice. Add two ounces of Kraken Black Spiced Rum. Top with Ginger Beer. Garnish with a slice of lime. Raise glass and toast.
Simple, easy and tastes amazing.
If you’re really into tasting rums don’t forget about the 2012 Miami Rum Renaissance Festival. Starting April 16th and lasting till the 22, it’s the biggest rum event in the United States. The week will be packed with a ton of different events and parties, with the Grand Tasting happening Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd. I’ll be there for the those two days so come say hi. I’ll be the bald Castaway with a smile on his face.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page