Sitting on the beach at Bolongo Bay Resort is a relaxing, yet entertaining experience. Off in the distance you see St. Croix looming on the horizon. In the bay itself, you’ll see sea turtles constantly breaching the surface for air and snorkelers trailing behind them. You’ll see people cutting through the waves in kayaks and trying their hand at Stand Up Paddle Boarding. Keep an eye on the paddle boarders, it’s quite entertaining watching them fall over and over again. Don’t hate me, you’d laugh too.
The water is clear, the waves gentle and with two bars just steps away on the sand, the rum is always near. I shot this Island Lime Video of Bolongo Bay Resort to give the people who couldn’t attend the Castaway Winter Beach Bash a little taste of the surroundings. We’re going to try and do it again next year, so keep the month of January 2013 open just in case!
Bolongo Bay Resort – Island Lime Video
This true Caribbean beach resort is surrounded by the tastes, sights and sounds of St. Thomas. Bolongo Bay sits along a 1,000-foot golden sand beach with palm trees rustling in the breeze and iguanas slowly strolling by. Their staff was super friendly and by the end of my visit, they all knew who the rum guy was! Cheers to you guys!
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 00802
Reservations: (800) 524-4746
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page