In a sweet kind of summer standing knee deep in the water
Sippin coconut rum on ice
Got another drink waitin’
And the radio station’s playin’
“No Woman, No Cry”
Those are a handful of lyrics to the song, “Sweet Kinda Summer” by the boys of Pirate Sessions. Their first album struck a cord with the many looking for a change of geography to the lower latitudes. I think we can put just about every Castaway into that group, me included.
Chase Rice (Captain Morgan), Florida-Georgia Line (Blackbeard and Calico Jack) and Jesse Rice (Captain Kidd) are coming together once again to bring their tropical feel-good music to a speaker near you. They are set to release Pirate Sessions 2 this spring. The group is currently in the studio recording the new album, and I for one can’t wait sing right along.
Song Titles For Pirate Sessions 2
- ISLAND STATE OF MIND
- HOME AWAY FROM HOME TOWN
- 300 YEARS AGO
- SEE YOU BY THE SEA
- PIRATE GIRL
- PLAYIN THOSE FLORIDA KEYS
- IT ALL RUMS TOGETHER
- HEMINGWAY’S HIDEAWAY
- And one last surprise (think Gettin Down in A Pirate Town part 2)…
Here is a video of them recording their new song, Hemingway’s Hideaway.
Pirate Sessions are going to be playing at the Key West Songwriters Festival in Key West, FL on May 2-6, 2012. I’m going to do my best to get down there to see the show and hopefully talk with the guys. I’ll bribe them with a bucket of Red Stripes if I have to. Gettin’ down in a pirate down indeed.
If you’ve been marooned on an island and have now idea who the guys from Pirate Session are. Download their album, I promise you’ll be feeling the haze of the rum in no time.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page