After one sip, you won’t know which way to move the clock.
Spring forward Fall back, or is it Spring back Fall forward…I can never get it right. Today is the day we change our clocks for Daylight Savings Time. Is it the end of the Daylight Savings or the beginning? Another thing I can’t figure out. That’s why I rely on adults who are smarter than I to tell me what to do with my clocks on this day. My time management skills are a joke.
I was sent this Boat Drinks recipe and thought it would be perfect for a day like today, it’s called the Cruzan Carpe Diem. If you’re Latin is a little rusty it means “Seize The Day”…with Cruzan. After drinking a couple of these I’m sure your time management skills are going to resemble mine, but who cares, we have more sunlight in our days now. More time to spend outside on the beach.
The Cruzan Carpe Diem is a blend of fruit juice, carbonation and rum that will put your “seize the day” butt in gear now that we’ve magically lost an hour of your day. Or is gained? EEEERRRRR. But don’t despair, this Boat Drink will make you forget your clock-lag in no time. And if that doesn’t work, try stirring the drink counterclockwise and watch as the colors swirl together like a timewarp, maybe it will help you get those 60 minutes back. Sort of like jumping in Emmit Brown’s Delorean…but with rum!
Cruzan® Carpe Diem
Recipe by Jesse Card
- 1½ parts Cruzan® Mango Rum
- ½ part Cruzan® Orange Rum
- 1 part Orange Juice
- Dash of Grenadine
- Club Soda
- Lime wedge
Mixing Instructions: Pour rum and orange juice into a Collins Glass filled with ice and give it a quick stir to combine. Add a few dashes of grenadine then top it off with club soda. Squeeze a wedge of lime on top to finish. Raise glass and toast.
Cheers to not caring about any time, but Island Time.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page