When traveling through the Caribbean you’ll visit unbelievable places, see natural beauty found no other place in the world, and of course drink some of the best rum. Then if you’re lucky, really lucky, you’ll get to experience something like what Randall experienced on a recent trip to the British Virgin Islands. Swimming with a whale.
Randall and his wife Tonia are frequent Caribbean travelers and long time RSR readers. On a recent sailing trip through the BVI they were lucky enough to swim with a lone Humpback Whale. They watched the whale as much as the whale watched them. This dance lasted over an hour. An hour that will last for the rest of their lives.
“Ran into this Humpback Whale off the Anegada reef on our way from Virgin Gorda. Was able to hang out and play with it for over an hour. Amazing experience!!! “
Here is the great video they made of the experience set to the music of Zac Brown Band. Truly awe-inspiring.
I don’t know about you, but doing something like this would be something I’d remember for the rest of my life. Have you ever had an experience like this?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page