Trinidad, to be honest with you I don’t know a whole lot about this island. I know that it’s a large exporter of oil, is the last island in the Eastern Caribbean chain and that it is one of the best places to experience carnival. I’ve also heard reports of crime and a government imposed curfew. So inlight of saying negative things about the islnad I usually just leave it off my radar. Then I saw this video.
I was reading the most recent posts by our friends at UncommonCaribbean.com and saw something that literally made me stop and say, “wow.” It was an epic timelapse video shot on the island of Trinidad by photographers Kevin Huggins and Anthony Fung. The journey takes you from the beaches, to the cities, to the country side and back to the beaches. It is flawlessly produced and has a powerful soundtrack that enhances the amazing visuals. I’ll quit talking now and let you watch this. I promise, you’ll be amazed.
Timelapsing Through Trinidad
How They Did It
WINNER OF MOST ORIGINAL FILM AWARD AT CHRONOS FILM FESTIVAL
For 10 days in August 2011, my friend Anthony and I set out on an “epic” adventure to timelapse some of our homeland of Trinidad. The adventure was awesome… some of the TLs not so much… but hey it was literally all about the journey… and shooting a tremendous 25,000+ stills 🙂
I’ll have more about our trials, tribulations, and triumphs up soon on my blog @ fuji27.wordpress.com/
I must confess that the music is definitely more epic than some of the clips. Still, hope you enjoy the vid 🙂
Music: “Globus” by 1M1 Music
via Music Loops
Photographers & Videographers:
and many, many lenses
After seeing that it’s hard not to be a little more tempted to learn more about this beautiful island. It’s my fault for leaving it off the radar and that’s something I will fix. So what did you think? Pretty powerful imagery isn’t it?
Let me know if you’ve ever been to Trinidad and what you thought of it.
Please Subscribe If You Love The Caribbean!
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Discount Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page