After one sip, you’ll be hiding your eyes.
There’s only one type of banana hammock I want to see on the beach, and that’s the cocktail. I wrote about “Beach Ethics” a while ago and banana hammocks are definitely one of those unwritten rules that should not be broken, at least not in the States. No one wants to see your bulge buddy!
A Boat Drink called the Banana Hammock, that’s another story. Castaway Jeremy McDaniel sent me this recipe the other day and I thought it would make a great post. Humorous name, mouthwatering ingredients and a perfect way to cool down with the heat of Summer knocking on the door.
The Banana Hammock Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Cruzan Dark/Gold Rum (any rum would work)
- 1 oz Cruzan Coconut Rum
- 3/4 oz Banana Liqueur
- 3oz Pineapple Juice
- 2oz OJ
Mixing Instructions: Add all the ingredients to an ice filled glass. Shake. Garnish with banana slice. Raise glass and toast.
Fruit mixers and rum, you really can’t go wrong. Let me know if you mix up a Banana Hammock and if you like the taste. Oh, and please no emailing me banana hammock photos, the real ones I have in my dresser are all I need. Ha!
(Photo from rockmypalate.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page