After one sip, you’ll be crowing with the Key West roosters.
South Florida is awash in rum right now and today’s Boat Drink recipe comes from two rum experts whom are currently in Miami, working hard by judging rums from all over the world. I really need to apply for that gig. Want to join me?
Let’s watch rum expert Bahama Bob, who man’s the bar at the famous Rum Bar of Key West, and Rum Connection Mike, behind the camera, mix up an original creation called the Pango Keys Cocktail. Bahama Bob and Mike often get together and create new drinks in a process they call the Rum Lab. Made with a Haitian rum called Rhum Barbancourt, the Pango Key is a product of the popular Rum Lab and is sure to put a smile on your face.
The Pango Keys Cocktail
Pango Key Recipe
- .5oz Lime Juice
- 1.5oz Barbancourt 3 Star Rhum
- .75oz Barbancourt Pango Rhum
- .5oz Grapefruit Juice
- .75oz Falernum
- 2 drops of Agave Nectar
Mixing Instructions: Mix all ingredients into mixing glass with ice. Shake well. Strain into glass with ice. Garnish with lemon. Raise glass and toast.
I haven’t had the pleasure of tasting this adult beverage yet, but I’ll bet you a round of drinks that the next time I’m in Key West, bellied up to the Rum Bar, I’ll be ordering a Pango Key.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page