After one sip, you’ll be rowing to the islands.
Is it possible to be tired of rum? After a weekend of sipping on rums from all around the world, one’s taste buds might be waving the white flag. Am a speaking heresy? Yeah, maybe a little bit. The Rum XPs that were there all week might be singing a different tune though. I will tell you the cold Corona I had for dinner at Bella Cuba that Saturday day night tasted damn good. A nice contrast to tidal wave of rum.
Today’s Boat Drink day, so we’re going to do a rum recipe from our friends at Barritt’s Ginger Beer. They had a booth at the Rum Renaissance Festival and were serving a variety of cocktails made with their famous ginger beer. I think many of us associate Barritt’s Ginger Beer with the Dark N’ Stormy cocktail and Gosling’s Black Seal Rum. But while talking with the folks at the Barritt’s booth, it was clear that they were trying to expand their brand to other drinks and brands of rum. They didn’t even have Gosling’s rum on the table. I still ordered a Dark N Story but with Chairman’s Reserve rum, just not the same.
To help support Barritt’s goal of becoming a mixer for many different types of cocktails, I thought we’d tackle a drink called the Caribbean Buc. Why is it called the Caribbean Buc? I have no idea. Let’s just mix it up and pretend we’re all on the beach sipping away.
The Caribbean Buc Drink Recipe
- 1.5oz 10 Cane Rum
- 2oz Mango Juice
- 1 Squeeze of lime juice from half a lime
- 3oz Barritt’s Ginger Beer
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients to ice filled mixing glass. Shake. Strain into glass of ice. Garnish with lime wedge. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you mix up a Caribbean Buc and what you think of it. Love getting other people’s take on these drinks.
Cheers to hump day!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page