Cuba, so close but it might as well be a million miles away. Cuba is like the pretty girl you want to talk to but can’t because you’re married. It’s like the fresh cookies your mom use to make, but if you went to grab one you’d get smacked with the spoon. It seems we always want things we can’t have. But in recent years, loopholes have been made that put this largest of the Caribbean islands within reach.
Caribbean blogger Bob Curley of About.com, has listed the ways that we Americans can visit Cuba legally. Wouldn’t it be great to immerse yourself into the Cuban culture, sip on Mojitos in Havana and walk in Hemingway’s foot steps? Of course it would! Here are some of the trips planned to Cuba that you can be apart of. (Below information by Bob Curley of About.com – Caribbean Travel)
Traveling to Cuba For Americans
(Note: Companies that actually run tours are listed first, followed by charter firms authorized to fly U.S. citizens into Cuba.)
Insight Cuba offers nine specialty tours of Cuba to U.S. travelers, including
- Cuban Music & Art Experience (9 days, 8 nights)
- Havana & Colonial Trinidad (8 days, 7 nights)
- Havana & Scenic Pinar del Rio (8 days, 7 nights)
- Bay of Pigs (8 days, 7 nights)
- Havana Jazz Experience (8 days, 7 nights)
- A three-night Weekend In Havana
- Marabana Havana Marathon (Nov. 15-19, 2012)
- Havana International Jazz Festival (Dec. 19-23, 2012)
- Havana Biennial Art Exhibition (May 20-25, 2012)
Thanks for the list Bob!
Now who has a lighter? I’m going to puff on this Cuban Cohiba and go talk to a pretty girl.
(Photo from jazzfm.com)
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page