After one sip, you’ll be hoisting the sails.
Rum and pirates, pirates and rum. They are forever linked by legend and Hollywood. The combination had Jack Sparrow–excuse me–Captain Jack Sparrow talking in bizarre riddles and it has been romanticized and marketed by rum companies big and small. The biggest and most well known being Captain Morgan.
Our pirate friends and Captain Morgan have recently came out with a new rum called Captain Morgan Black. At 95 proof, this over proof rum has plenty of kick in the pants but you wouldn’t know it by the taste. It has a rich smooth taste that is perfect for sipping and mixing. Being that today is Boat Drinks day, I think we need to do a little mixing with Captain Morgan Black.
We will be creating a drink called The Port Royal Smash, created by Castaway Jeremy M. Jeremy has sent me at least a dozen recipes in the past year all of which are creative and taste great. I think we need to put him on the imaginary RumShop payroll and hire him as the official mixologist. Thanks for the recipe Jeremy, keep them coming.
Port Royal Smash
- 2oz Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum
- 1 1/4 oz Vanilla Rum
- 4oz Pineapple Juice
- 2oz OJ
- Splash of Grenadine
Mixing Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Shake well. Strain into glass with ice. Raise glass and toast.
Let us know if you’ve tried the new Captain Morgan Black and what you thought. I’ve only had a couple samples from the Rum Renaissance Festival, but a one legged parrot just landed on my shoulder and said that more pirate rum is just over the horizon. Let’s hoist those sails and point her west, we be chasin’ the firewater mates!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page