Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sit in a bike basket and cruise down Duval Street? Sure you have, wouldn’t be a Castaway if you haven’t. Besides, riding in one of those baskets, legs flailing around, drink in hand, is actually pretty tame for Key West. (Do I legally have to say don’t do this?)
Below is a video of a bike ride down Key West’s Duval Street. From the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean. No I wasn’t sitting in the basket filming with a drag queen peddling the bike, although I’m sure that’s probably happened. (I did ride in a shopping cart up an elevator one time in Key West, but I’ll leave that story for another time.) This time I was doing the peddling and the handy little GoPro camera was holding on to the bike basket for dear life. Enjoy the trip down Duval!
Bike Tour Down Duval Street, Key West
As you can see the street was pretty calm. This was shot at about 9:30 in the morning. The hungover partiers and daily tourists had yet to rise, it was a contrasting view of a street that normally pulses with life.
Background song is fittingly called, “Key West” by Robert McIntosh.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page