Down here it’s coconuts and beer
We keep it simple but we don’t really don’t care
It’s a 24/7 right kind of livin’
And Lovin’ our slice of paradise heaven
And that’s how we spend our time
In an island state of mind
You Castaways are going to love this one. The Pirate Sessions II album dropped yesterday and is quickly climbing the iTunes charts. The new album contains 16 songs, the eight original Pirate Sessions songs and eight new Pirate Sessions II songs. The songs…yeah, they’re damn good. I was able to hear most of them last Friday night in Key West. The band set up shop on the front of a catamaran and played their songs as we sailed past Mallory Square and into a spectacular Key West sunset. Couldn’t have been a cooler experience. I’ll write more on that later, but first here are the new songs from Pirate Sessions II.
Pirate Sessions II:
- Island State Of Mind
- Coco Cay
- Pirate Girl
- See You By The Sea
- Home Away From Home Town
- 300 Years Ago
- Hemingway’s Hideaway
- Caribbean Crazy
My favorite songs are Island State Of Mind, Pirate Girl and Caribbean Crazy.
I highly recommend the new album. I’m listening to it as I write this–glass of Plantation Rum sitting table side and songs that send your island soul to a relaxed state of mind. It’s the perfect new addition to your “Take Me Away” playlist. The 16 song album is $11.99 and be be bought in iTunes.
Buy Pirate Sessions II Here
I was told about a contest they are having that gives away a trip to St. John. I didn’t see any information in the CD that I got from them but will let you know more when I find out. Something about them flying you down and doing a concert on Cinnamon Bay. Can you say legendary!
Jesse Rice is the lead local and wrote or co-wrote all of the songs. He is joined by Brain Kelley, Chase Rice, Tyler Hubbard, Steve Bryant, Mike Durham, Curt Ryle, Mike Severs, Gary Smith and Wanda Vick. If you liked the first album you’re going to fall in love with this one as well. It’s professionally produced and the lyrics have heart and feeling. Nothing is forced or contrived, everything just flows and puts you in that island state of mind. Sort of like the Plantation I’m sipping on. Sweet sweet goodness.
Here are just a few photos from that amazing sunset cruise with Pirate Sessions. Lots more to come!
Cheers to gettin’ a little Caribbean Crazy!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page