In my opinion it’s the best slice of sand on Key West, Fort Zachary Beach is a quiet place to hide from the craziness the rest of the island is so famous for. Today’s Island Lime Video takes you for a walk on Fort Zachary Beach where the sun is shining and the turquoise feel good gently rolls on to the sand.
Most people head to the popular and easy to find Smather’s Beach. Smather’s is great in it own right, but the two beaches couldn’t be more different. Fort Zachary Beach is lined with tall thin pine trees, while Smathers is covered with Coconut Palms. Smather’s Beach is usually busy, has para-sailing and other beach rentals. Fort Zachary Beach is laid back, no jet skies, no bells and whistles–its just you, the waves and the park. The perfect place to get away from it all.
Watch this Island Lime Video and you’ll understand why this place is special.
Fort Zachary Beach, Key West
Don’t you wish you could just crawl through your screen and jump in that blue water? You’ll be able to if you join this September for the Conched in Key West Bar Crawl. A relaxing morning on this beach is the perfect medication for a long day of bar hopping on Duval Street.
Have you been to Fort Zachary Beach? What do you think is the better beach, Fort Zach or Smathers?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page