After one sip, you’ll feel as if you’ve been kissed by the sun.
When Castaway Jeremy M. first sent me this Boat Drinks recipe I knew it would make a good post. Then after I mixed up the ingredients in my favorite glass and conducted a little research, I knew we had a winner.
The Island Tan is a mixture of some of the usual suspects; pineapple, orange juice, rum. Then a couple that are a little surprising. The Island Tan as you might guess, has Cruzan Rum Cream in it. Not usually mixed with fruit juices (at least in my home bar), the Cruzan Rum Cream adds a nice twist. I had my first experience with Cruzan Rum Cream this past January in St. Thomas at Bolongo Bay Resort. The fine people at Cruzan hooked us up with a rum tasting for the Castaway Winter Beach Bash and their Rum Cream was on the menu. Tasted amazing straight up. Now tasting it in a cocktail is pretty damn good as well.
The Island Tan
- 3 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 1/2 oz OJ
- 1/2 oz Cruzan Rum Cream
- 3/4oz cream of coconut
- 2oz Cruzan 9 spiced rum (or Siesta Key Spice if you can find it)
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
Mixing Instructions: Shake all or blend all with cup of ice until smooth. Raise glass and toast.
Next time you’re in a Boat Drink kind of mood, give the Island Tan a try and let me know what you think. I think with a drink like this you’re either going to love it or hate it. Let us know the verdict.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page