After one sip, you’ll be puttin’ those feet up on the dashboard.
This will be the second day in a row that I talk about something Kenny Chesney related, and rightly so. This weekend kicks off Chesney’s Brothers of the Sun summer tour and I for one am ready. This Saturday at Raymond James Stadium there will be tailgating madness, island music blaring on the radio and 60 thousand crazy fans screaming song that they know by heart. One big Castaway party. Yup, summertime is here and this week’s Boat Drink recipe will kick off the season with a blast of refreshing flavor. What do we call this drink? Summertime of course.
Honorary RSR mixologist Jeremy McDaniel created the Summertime cocktail and aptly named it after Chesney’s smash hit that goes by the same title. I will tell you that I haven’t had the chance to taste this cocktail yet, but anything with light and dark rum along with refreshing lemonade…sign me up.
The Summertime cocktail might be a little complex for your average tailgating party, but sitting poolside or at your favorite beach bar, this drink will certainly push back those summertime temps. Put a little Summertime in your glass and let’s kick off the summer the right way!
- 1oz Light Rum
- 1oz Dark Rum
- 1/2oz Triple Sec
- 2oz Lemonade
- 1oz OJ
- 1oz Cranberry Juice
- Splash Simple Syrup
- Splash Club Soda
Mixing Instructions: Shake all over ice except club soda. Strain into glass with ice. Top with club soda. Garnish with lemon wedge. Raise glass and toast.
As always, let me know if you mix up this Boat Drink and what you thought.
Myself and a larger group are going to be tailgating at the Chesney show in Tampa Saturday. Come find us and say hi!
Cheers to the summer. Cheers to concert season. May your ears find music that takes you away to a salty piece of land.
(Photo by ScottDunn.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page