After one sip, you’ll be sailing towards the Bitter End.
I peruse a lot of Caribbean websites trying to stuff my head full of helpful information. That’s a job requirement of a Caribbean blogger. Tough I know, I can feel your pity slapping me in the face now. While doing this tough work I sometimes find rum drink recipes like today’s that might otherwise remain lost to the vast sea of the Internet.
I was recently sucked in by all the pretty pictures on The Bitter End Yacht Club’s website and stumbled across an interesting Boat Drink recipe. It’s a powerful concoction of overproof rum, pineapple juice and guava juice. Called the Bitter End Buddy, it was submitted to the BVI resort by past guests M & D Harris. I have a feeling the Harris family are Castaways to the bone. Excellent drink guys!
The Bitter End Buddy
- 2 ounces 156 proof rum
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 4 ounces guava juice
Mixing Instructions: Pour over ice in a tall glass. Squeeze in a large wedge of lime and stir. Raise glass and toast.
The two fruit juices mask the potency of the jet fuel rum so be careful. A couple of these Bitter End Buddy’s and you just might meet your bitter end!
About The Bitter End Yacht Club
Bitter End Yacht Club is the Caribbean’s premiere luxury water sports resort, hosting family fun vacations, romantic getaways, and idyllic escapes for all. Located on the island of Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands, Bitter End is uniquely situated along a mile of shorefront on the protected waters of the North Sound. The barefoot elegance that characterizes this island outpost is why Bitter End is regularly hailed as one of the top full service resorts in the world. (From their website)
Let me know if you mix up a Bitter End Buddy and what you thought of it.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page