Sweat rolling down my hairless head from the four mile bike ride across island, a margarita was the only thing on my mind. Why would I pedal from one side of Key West to the other in near 90 degree weather, to see Key West Chris and Misty Loggins play poolside at the Key Ambassador Hotel. It’s the Key West Songwriters Festival and my goal was to see as many artists perform as I could.
I had heard good things about Chris Rehm’s funky island music so I made a note to check out his show. I saw he was playing with someone named Misty Loggins, i didnt know anything about her so I did and little research. Turns out she is not only a great singer songwriter but she is stunningly beautiful as well. So now you can see why I had no problem making the four mile bike ride.
Shooting video, snapping photos and listening to some great island music poolside under the sun of Key West–it was the start to a great day.
Here is a video of Key West Chris playing is “My Little Island Town” song.
My Little Island Town – Key West Chris
It’s a fun little island song that puts you in the perfect island state of mind. Of course that margarita helped too, but the credit really goes to the Chris and Misty.
Of all the events I’ve been to in Key West, the Songwriters Festival is easily one of my favorites. It’s just such a laid back vibe, then you get to listen to 4 days of some of the best live music performers–my hat is off to the organizers of the event. Great job!
Have a great weekend Castaways! I hope this video puts you in an island state of mind.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page