After one sip, you’ll feel no pain.
If I say the word “painkiller” does your mouth begin to salivate and visions of wet dollars dance through your head? Yeah me too. The painkiller is one of the most, if not the most popular island drink among us Castaways. With good reason, it’s not just a cocktail, it’s a vacation in a glass. I’ll take two please.
Today’s Boat Drink recipe is a twist on the popular painkiller drink recipe. Called the Captain’s Pain Remedy, RSR mixologist Jeremy has been experimenting with the new Captain Morgan Black. He says that Captain Morgan Black has over taken his love of the bold, black, over-proof Kraken Rum.
The twist is basically swapping out the Pusser’s Rum for the Captain Morgan Black. Is it good? Ah, yeah. Any relative of the painkiller is a winner in my book. This captain is in need of a little remedy!
The Captains Pain Remedy
- 4oz pineapple juice
- 1oz oj
- 1oz cream of coconut
- 1/2oz coconut rum
- 1.5oz captain Morgan black spiced rum
Mixing Instructions: Shake all. Top with sweet sweet nutmeg. Raise glass and toast.
As always, let me know if you mix this boat drink recipe up. Love hearing what you guys think.
(Lead photo of drink from Foodbeast.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page