After one sip, you’ll be screaming, “Left Turn Clyde!” How many of you get that?
My love of banana drinks is well documented. Seems like there’s a lot of people who swing from the same tree, because every time a banana themed cocktail recipe is created it blows up on Facebook. Well you’re in luck because an amazing new recipe has just fallen from the banana tree and straight into my inbox. Prepare yourself for the Banana Nut Punch.
Castaway mixologist Jeremy McDaniel has been hard at work, experimenting with a bar full of different rums and a mountain of mixers. He played to my banana boat drink weakness when he sent in this recipe. It’s the perfect blend of Cruzan Rums, Banana Liqueur, Pineapple Juice and bitters. But the ingredient that sends this drink over the top is the addition of Amaretto.
My pathetic adjectives don’t do this drink justice. You must try it for yourself. Mix. Consume. Fall in love.
Banana Nut Punch Cocktail Recipe
- 1/2oz Cruzan Dark
- 1/2oz Cruzan Light
- 3/4oz Banana Liqueur
- 3/4oz Amaretto
- 4oz Pineapple Juice
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
Mixing Instructions: Shake all, top with nutmeg. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know what you think after you have one. Do you love it as much as I do, or am I swinging from the wrong tree?
(Image from foodjunkiechronicles.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page