After one sip, you’ll be leading the country.
I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July and spent some quality time with friends and family. Hopefully that time was spent with your toes slowly sinking into the sand. I know I did.
In honor of the 236th birthday of the good ole’ USA, this week’s Boat Drink recipe was inspired by the first president of the United States, George Washington. Did George enjoy a good rum drink in his day, who knows. All I know is if he were around today, I’d gladly buy him a couple rounds.
Enjoy this George Washington Cocktail!
The George Washington Drink Recipe
- 1 oz. Coconut Rum
- 1 oz. Bacardi Torched Cherry Rum
- 1 oz. Melon Liqueur
- 3 oz. Sprite
- 1 splash of Grenadine
Mixing Instructions: Combine all ingredients and serve in a chilled glass, on the rocks with a maraschino cherry or pineapple slice. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know what you think. I love using the Bacardi Torched Cherry in cocktails and I couldn’t think of a better cocktail to add it to.
(Lead photo from boulderlocavore.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page