Reggae music is powerful stuff. It can make even the most up-tight city folk chill out and relax. More often than not though the message behind the music is what strikes a cord with the listener.
I’m not a reggae expert, but it seems the most common themes are standing up and believing in oneself, fighting the man, peace, love and harmony. All good motivations in my book.
Ziggy Marley is a Jamaican musician and was leader of the band, Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers, but has since gone on to a solo career. As most people know he is the oldest son of famed reggae musician Bob Marley. Don’t think that he is coasting by on name recognition though, Ziggy’s music is full of life and stands strong on its own merit.
The song below is called Love Is My Religion off the 2006 album by the same name. Love Is My Religion was Ziggy’s second solo album, after the 2000 end of Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers. The album was released by Bob Marley’s label Tuff Gong Worldwide, and carries on his reggae-style pop sound and lyrical themes. Love is My Religion was named the 2007 Best Reggae album for the 49th Grammy awards held in Los Angeles in 2007.
Ziggy Marley – Love Is My Religion
Enjoy the vibe mon!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page