Nearly 70 beers and ales, including unique microbrews, are to be on tap at Key West BrewFest, scheduled Thursday through Monday, Aug. 30 through Sept. 3.
The selection is to include such intriguingly named offerings as Monk in the Trunk, Harpoon Leviathan, Holy Mackerel and White UFO. Other specialty brews and local favorites such as Key West Sunset Ale are to be featured as well.
BrewFest begins at 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, with a beer school and educational seminar featuring brew guru Jim Brady at the oceanfront pavilion at the Southernmost on the Beach Hotel, 508 South St. A kickoff party is to follow at 5 p.m. at the Smokin Tuna Saloon, 4 Charles St.
Subsequent events include beer dinners, a pool party at the Southernmost Hotel, 1319 Duval St., two craft beer and music events at Sloppy Joes Bar, 201 Duval St., beer brunches, a tailgate party, after parties and even bingo at the landmark Green Parrot Bar, 601 Whitehead St.
The festivals centerpiece, the BrewFest Tasting Festival, is set for 4-8 p.m. Saturday at South Beach adjacent to the Southernmost on the Beach Hotel. Attendees can sample beers from around the world while lazing beside the Atlantic Ocean. Admission is $30 per person in advance or $40 at the door.
In addition, fine ale and other brews are to be paired with fine food Sunday during the multicourse Sam Adams Beer Dinner, scheduled for 6 p.m. at the Southernmost Beach Café, 1405 Duval St.
Presented by the Southernmost Hotel Collection and the Key West Sunrise Rotary Club of the Conch Republic, the Labor Day weekend celebration benefits the clubs charitable efforts.
Lager lovers can find festival details, tickets and memorabilia at the BrewFest Hospitality Suite at the Southernmost Hotel conference center on South Street. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday through Monday.
Event information and advance tickets: www.keywestbrewfest.com or 305-295-6519
Key West visitor informatiowww.fla-keys.com/
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page