After one sip, you’ll need a change in geography.
Is there a better pick-me-up beach song than Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band? Top five at least. All I know is when I hear that intro guitar solo start to play, a sly little smirk magically appears on my face. Concrete trucks hanging from the corners of my mouth couldn’t stop that smile from forming. Zac and Jimmy singing about a tropical escape, it just doesn’t get much better.
Something so stirring to the soul of a Castaway deserves to be honored right? How about a Boat Drink named after it!
Castaway mixologist Jeremy recently got his hands on Zac Brown Band tickets and was inspired to break out the rum and mix up a new cocktail to celebrate. Here’s what the mad cocktail scientist came up with to pay homage to one of the best–take my ass to the islands–songs. The Knee Deep Boat Drink.
Knee Deep Cocktail Recipe
- 2oz dark rum
- 3/4oz amaretto
- 3/4oz cream of coconut
- 4oz pineapple juice
- 1 1/2oz oj
Mixing Instructions: Shake or blend all with ice, float dark or ovenproof rum. Raise glass and toast.
When you mix this Boat Drink up I want you to pretend you’re island hopping through the Caribbean while Knee Deep is flowing through your speakers. The combination of this rum drink, those island dreams and this song–I dare you not to explode with a joygasm! You’ll see what I mean about those concrete trucks.
Just as Zac Brown says, “Only worry in the world is if the tides gonna reach my chair.” I’m not sure there’s a better song lyric ever.
And if you need any more liquid inspiration just watch this island hopping video of the Bahamas, set to Knee Deep of course.
Cheers all you salty Castaways! Enjoy the new cocktail!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page