Bait the line, sit back and listen for the clicks of the reel. Next thing you know you’re fighting a 300 marlin that is leaping from the sea. That’s my fantasy of what deep sea fishing is like. The reality is much different. It goes a little something like this–bait the line, wait , wait, wait a little more, reel in my line, find the bait gone. Repeat.
Me and fishing just don’t get along. Don’t get me wrong though, I love to go out fishing with the guys, only I’m the guy sipping on Corona enjoying the boat ride, happy to be doing nothing at all.
In saying that I’m sure a lot of you have much better luck than I, so this information is going to help.
One of my favorite Puerto Rico blogs, discoveringpuertorico.com, just wrote a great post listing all the top deep sea fishing charters from places all around Puerto Rico. If you have Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Yellow Fin Tuna, Sailfish, Wahoo and Tarpon on your mind and you’re in Puerto Rico then this list of charters is for you.
Puerto Rico Deep Sea Fishing Charters
San Juan Fishing Charters
Sea Born Fishing Charters
Operates from Club Nautico de San Juan
Half Day Charter: 8:00am – 12:00pm or 1pm – 5pm (Full Boat $650.00), (Split Charter: Per Fisherman- min. 2 $210.00)
3/4 Day Charter: 7:30am – 1:30pm(Full Boat $800.00)
Full Day Charter: 8:00am – 4pm (Full Boat $1050.00)
Tel: (787) 723-2292
Castillo Fishing Charters
Operate the Legend a 48ft Hatteras from the San Juan Bay Marina. Capt. Joe Castillo has been in operation since 1975.
Half Day Charter: $700 (8am – 12pm or 1pm – 5pm)
Full-Day Charter: $1100.00 (8am – 4pm)
Shared/Split charters 195.00 per person.
Puerto Rico Magic Tarpon
Operate from the Cangrejos Yacht Club area (close to San Juan) and fish in the Torrecillas Lagoon passing through Suarez Canal to San Jose Lagoon
4 hour trips: 1 person $330, 2 persons $360, 3 persons $400 and 4 persons $460
Fajardo Fishing Charters
Bill Wraps Fishing Charters
Uses a classic Hatteras 36 Sport fisherman with twin engines and offers ½ day, ¾ day and full day trips from Fajardo.
1/ day $700.00 + tax
3/4-Day $850.00 + tax
Full-Day $1000.00 + tax
Note: minimum of 3 people at $250 each for ½ day
For the rest of the charter information please click here.
Have you been deep sea fishing in the waters of Puerto Rico or any other Caribbean island? Tell me about the biggest fish you caught!
(Lead image from deepseafishingx.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page