Events begin Friday, Oct. 19, with the Mayan Empire Royal Coronation Ball to crown the festival king and queen. Also that weekend, Key Wests Caribbean roots are celebrated with Friday and Saturdays Goombay street party in historic Bahama Village.
Subsequent festival highlights include Tuesdays Salacious Unveiling: End of Time Headdress Ball, featuring prizes for the best masks and headdresses. Wednesday brings the quirky Pet Masquerade and Parade with animal antics from costumed dogs, cats, exotic birds and more on an oceanfront stage.
The lavish waters-edge Pretenders in Paradise costume competition is scheduled Thursday, Oct. 25, under the stars. Themed Zombie Nation Vacation, it stars entrants in dazzling large-scale costumes who present performances complete with lights and music.
Key Wests Duval Street becomes a partiers utopia Friday, Oct. 26, during the Fantasy Fest Street Fair, where vendors offer masks and costumes, artistry, food and libations. Just before sunset, the Masquerade March of exotically costumed characters parades through historic Old Town.
Other festival standouts include the Battle of Bone Island burlesque showcase, a Mayan State of Mind poolside party, sensual after-dark soirees and exuberant themed costume contests.
Rapturous revelry and revelations are predicted Saturday, Oct. 27, as tens of thousands of spectators gather for the Captain Morgan Fantasy Fest Parade in Key Wests historic downtown. The spectacle typically includes feather-bedecked marching groups, Caribbean bands and elaborate motorized floats, showing the end of time just might be the best of times.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page