After one sip, you’ll be floating away with the tide.
On my resent trip to the Nauti Turtle to taste test for the Key West Express Boat Drink contest, Rocky the bartender was a great sport in helping us mix up all the different drink recipes. She even mixed up a delicious concoction of her own for us to taste as well. When this drink hit my lips I knew it would make for a great Boat Drinks post. The drink is called the Tropical Long Island. Game faces on Castaways!
The Tropical Long Island as you may have guessed is related to the famous Long Island Iced Tea. When I say related, I’m talking like 3rd cousins twice removed. The one thing they do have in common is a healthy amount of alcohol. The fruity mixture masks the strength of this drink so don’t start slamming these left and right or you will be floating away with the tide.
Tropical Long Island Drink Recipe
- .5oz Coconut Rum
- .5oz Black Berry Rum
- .5oz Madori
- .5oz Banana Liquor
- .5oz Peach Schnapps
- Splash of Pineapple Juice
- Splash of Orange Juice
- Splash of Cranberry Juice
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Shake. Strain into glass with ice. Raise glass and toast.
The drink tasted great and I’m actually thinking about a return visit to the Turtle to grab another taste.
Let me know if you decide to give the Tropical Long Island drink recipe a try. Always love hearing what everyone thinks of these.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page