After one sip, you’ll find magic on the sand of Seven Mile Beach.
Each trip to the Caribbean has its own unique theme. Maybe it’s a running joke with friends, a Buffett song you played 7 times a day while relaxing on the beach, or maybe it’s a poolside cocktail that jumped off the menu and assaulted your sobriety. These themes are memories that last forever. Years after you’ve returned from that trip and you hear that Buffett song or taste that drink, you will instantly be transported back to that island escape. An instant change in attitude instead of latitude.
Being that today is Boat Drinks day, it’s time for a signature cocktail that will leave an imprint on you whether you’re in the Caribbean or not. Today’s boat drink recipe comes from a little place called the Ritz-Carlton of Grand Cayman. Bar Jack is the resort’s poolside restaurant and bar, named for the silvery reef fish that are so plentiful offshore. Bar Jack is located right on Seven Mile Beach, a great vantage point to take in a spectacular Caribbean sunset. What if we could grab hold of that sunset and squeeze it into a glass? Straight from the Bar Jack menu, the Cayman Sunset drink tries to do just that. An instant island memory in a glass.
The Cayman Sunset Boat Drink Recipe
- 1.5oz. Bacardi Gold
- 1oz. Amaretto
- .5oz Myers Dark Rum Float
- Banana Liqueur
Mixing Instructions: In a mixing glass with ice, add Bacardi Gold and Amaretto along with equal parts Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice and Banana Liqueur. Shake. Pour into tall glass with ice. Add splash of Grenadine. Add splash of Myers Dark Rum. Raise glass and toast.
All I know is that I can easily imagine myself sitting next to that pool, telling the waiter to never let my Cayman Sunset reach the bottom. Keep em’ coming mon!
Have you been to the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman? If so, leave a comment and tell us about your experience. Did you enjoy and Cayman Sunset in a glass?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page